Charitable Giving Policies and Guidelines
Due to the ever-increasing number of requests for donations, the following policies and procedures have been put in place for all those requesting assistance. Please read them carefully. If your organization’s cause meets the established criteria and you provide the required information, your request will be considered.
Siam Marina supports a limited number of non-profit organizations operating in the communities of Tinley Park, Orland Park, Orland Hills, Mokena, Frankfort and Oak Forest with the donation of a restaurant gift card.
Siam Marina does not contribute to individuals and does not make donations in return for advertising.
Please note that Siam Marina does not provide food donations or food samplings for fundraising events, except on rare occasions for organizations with which we already have a long standing historical association.
To aid in the review of requests for support, we have established the following criteria which the organization must provide at the time of its request:
- Background on the specific program and actual date of the event, on your organization’s letterhead.
- The gift cards must be used to raise funds for a non-profit organization
- The organization must have and provide an established track record of community advocacy
- The organization must provide a copy of their current 501 (c ) (3) determination letter
- The organization must have and be able to provide proof of Federal Tax ID number
- Contact name, address, phone number, fax and email, if available.
- In the case of school requests, the donation must be for educational purposes in or affiliated with the schools of Tinley Park and Orland Park. Also, please note that we prefer that each school consolidate their requests to one per year for the entire school. To be approached by individual clubs throughout the year becomes an undue burden on restaurant personnel.
Please check that all details have been included with your letter. Unfortunately, requests that do not include details cannot be considered. All materials may be emailed to email@example.com, or they may be mailed or dropped off at the restaurant during normal business hours. We open daily at 11 am.
Siam Marina does not donate to organizations or events that fall into the following categories:
- Organizations lacking proof of 501 (c ) (3)
- Conferences, seminars or reunions
- Travel for individuals or groups
- Online auctions
- Sports teams or leagues
- Individuals seeking aid
- Political campaigns and/or political organizations
WHERE SIAM MARINA PROVIDES SUPPORT
NFPs operating in: Tinley Park, Orland Park, Orland Hills, Mokena, Frankfort and Oak Forest
Educational programs: in or affiliated with the schools of Tinley Park and Orland Park, exclusively
Chambers of Commerce: Tinley Park, Orland Park, and the Chicago Southland Convention & Visitors Bureau